Lucrative courses are courses determined by how it matches people’s need or labour market. They are required in higher demands.
Below are 10 top lucrative courses in Nigeria
1. MEDICINE AND SURGERY: Popularly referred to as MBBS(Bachelor in Medicine, Bachelor in Surgery). It is a seven years science courses which deals with study of basic medical science and clinical skills required in the hospital. It is the most said hardest, lucrative and best competitive course in Nigeria. Waec requirements to study MBBS is Maths, English, Physics, Biology and Chemistry while JAMB requirement is Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English. Best Universities MBBS in Nigeria include: UI, UNILORIN, UNILAG, UNN, ABU, LASU, DELSU, AAU, NDU and so on.
2. COMPUTER ENGINEERING: This is a Five years bachelor program and also rated as the 2nd most lucrative course in Nigeria. It is a branch if engineering that integrates several fields of computer science and electrical engineering such as software engineering, hardware engineering, software program etc. Waec requirements for this includes; Math, Data processing/Further maths, english, Physics, Chemy while the JAMB requirements are Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English. Best Universities where Computer engineering can be studied include; FUTMINNA, FUTA, FUTO, LAUTECH, OAU, UNILORIN, UNILAG, UNN and so on.
3. ACCOUNTING: This is a four years bachelor commercial course and rated as the best lucrative commerce course in Nigeria. It is defined as the study of analysing verification, keeping a preparation of financial records of transaction of firm and management of general ledger. Waec requirements for this includes Maths, English, Accounting, Economics and Commerce while the JAMB requirements is English, Economics, Maths and Accounting. Best Universities where accounting can be studied in Nigeria includes: UNILORIN, BUK, UNICAL, LANDMARK, FUOYE, Afe Babalola University and so on.
4. LAW: This is a Five years Bachelor Arts course and rated as the best lucrative course in Social Sciences. It is the study of Legal activities which binds the custom and practice of a community. It is sub divided into three namely; Common law(Body of customary law based on judicial decisy), Combined law( Combination of common law and Sharia law) and Sharia law (Body of fundamental religious law derived from islamic tradition). Best Universities where Law can be studied in Nigeria include; UNILORIN, UNILAG, UI, UNN, OAU, UNIJOS, UNIBEN, LASU and so on.
5. NURSING SCIENCE: This is a Five years bachelor science program which is the study that deals with the profession within the health care sector, how to treat patients, provide support, record medical history and assist doctors in any aspect of medical line. Waec requirements for Nursing is Maths, English Physics Biology Chemistry while the JAMB requirements are Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English. Best universities to study Nursing in Nigeria include; UNILAG, UNILORIN, UNN, UNIPORT, ABU Teaching Hospital School of Nursing, OAU, UNIJOS and so on.
6. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING: This is a Five years bachelor science program which is also ranked as top lucrative course in Nigeria. It deals with the study, design, application of equipment, device and system management which uses electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. It can further be divided into Power engineering and System engineering. Best Universities where Electrical engineering can be studied include; FUTO, FUTA, UNILAG, FUTMINNA, UNILORIN, UNIBEN, OAU, UNN etc.
7. PHARMACY: It’s a Five years bachelor science program which is the study of clinical health science that links medical science to chemistry. It deals with the preparation and standardization of drugs. It can be sub-divided into Clinical Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy, Consulting Pharmacy, Industrial Pharmacy etc. Waec requirements for this includes Maths, English, Physics, Biology, Chemistry while JAMB requirements are English, Physics, Biology and Chemistry. Best Universities where Pharmacy can be studied in Nigeria include; UNN, OAU, UI, UNIJOS, UNILAG, BUK, UNIBEN, NDU etc.
8. EDUCATION: Education is a four years bachelor program which can be from any departments. It is a lucrative business which provides wide range of employment opportunities for graduates in the country. Job opportunities could be business, sole proprietorship, teachers lectures etc. Art education courses can be Early Childhood and Primary Education, Adult education, Human Kinetics etc, Commerce Education can be Entreprenership, Business education, etc while the Science edican be Agric Education, Biology Education, Fishery and so on.
9. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING: It’s a Five years bachelor science program which deals with the combination of Math principle, Physics engineering and Material Science to design, analyze, manufacture and maintain mechanical system. It is also rated as one of the most lucrative course in Nigeria. Waec requirements for this includes; Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English, Further maths or Technical drawing while the JAMB requirements are English Physics Chemistry and Maths. Best Universities where Mechanical engineering can be studied include; UNILAG, OAU, FUTMINNA, UNIBEN, LAUTECH, OOU, UNN and so on.
10. BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION: Business Administrators are required everywhere business is around the world thereby making Business Administration one if the top lucrative course in Nigeria. It’s a four years bachelor commercial course. It deals with all aspects of supervising business operation. Waec requirements for this course include Maths, English, Commerce, Economics and Accounting while JAMB requirements are English Commerce Economics and Maths. Best Universities where Business Administration can be studied include; ABU, UNILAG, UNN, UNILORIN, Convenant University etc